Dear TRUCK/HITCH BOX Customer:
Thank you for purchasing our innovative sealed-seam TRUCK/HITCH box. Your TRUCK/HITCH Box features electronically welded seam construction that eliminates water leaking through seams. You will notice, that everywhere that there is stitching (except for the zipper strip and hems), we first stitch to a patch, and then weld the patch on, which eliminates leaks associated with needle holes. Second, with our dual-layer closure system, we have provided you with extra security to help ensure water doesn’t find its way to your precious cargo. We are sure that with the proper care and consideration, you will be very satisfied with your TRUCK/HITCH BOX’S performance.
Please follow and note these helpful instructions:
Included with your purchase of the TRUCK/HITCH Box:
(1) TRUCK/HITCH Box
(3) Black plastic coated metal stays
(2) Aluminum Structure Supports that provide the TRUCK/HITCH Box with extra rigidity and keep box open while accessing.
NOTE: THERE ARE TWO SETS OF INSTRUCTIONS BELOW. THE FIRST SET DISCUSSES INSTALLATION OF THE METAL STAYS THAT ARE INCLUDED WITH THE PURCHASE OF THE TRUCK/HITCH BOX.
THE SECOND SET OF INSTRUCTIONS DISCUSSES THE INSTALLATION AND USE OF THE OPTIONAL ALUMINUM FRAMES. THESE ALUMINUM FRAMES ARE ALREADY INSTALLED IN THE UNIT, SO THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE FOR REFERENCE PURPOSES ONLY
INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALLATION AND USE OF THE TRUCK/HITCH BOX
1. Take Vinyl TRUCK/HITCH box out of box and unfold
2. TRUCK/HITCH box has a front and a back. The backside of the TRUCK/HITCH Box has three horizontal belt loops for fastening stays into, as shown in the exploded diagram below referencing step #6.
3. Put TRUCK/HITCH box in bed of Truck or on Hitch Rack, with the rear of TRUCK/HITCH box facing the cab of Truck or Front of the Car (on Hitch Rack)
4. FOR INSTALLATION INTO A TRUCK BED ONLY:
a. The three black metal stays included are sent with a single bend. Insert these stays through the belt-loops and then make a second bend in the stay (as shown in Step #6 in the drawing), so that when the stay is inserted through the belt loop and then hung from the bed of the TRUCK/HITCH, your TRUCK/HITCH Box hangs from the bed of the TRUCK/HITCH with the bottom of the TRUCK/HITCH box touching the bed of the TRUCK/HITCH.
b. Repeat this step of bending the stays, until all three stays have been bent.
c. Insert the stays through the belt loops, then hang the stays off the bed of your TRUCK/HITCH just behind the rear window.
5. FOR INSTALLATION INTO A HITCH RACK ONLY:
a. When installing in a hitch rack, place unit on rack, with rear of unit facing front of vehicle, so box opens from rear.
b. Using bungee cords or rope, tie the box down to rack platform using 5 d-rings, which face down and are set on two long sides of Box.
c. Make sure box is firmly secured into rack
6. You have now properly installed your TRUCK/HITCH Box.
7. Load the TRUCK/HITCH BOX, then zip closed the inner zippered lid and pull the outer STORM shell over the top, fastening it securely with the three quick-release buckles, by connecting buckles, then cinching up slack, and securing slack in keeper clips attached to each strap.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR REINSTALLATION AND USE OF THE INTERNAL TRUCK/HITCH BOX FRAME.
1. Open top outer shell and fold back.
2. Unzip inner lid and fold back.
3. You will notice on each side of the TRUCK/HITCH box, there is a small black channel (see Step #1 in the drawing below).
4. Take one of the two aluminum frames and insert the open end of the frame through each end of the channel, so that the ends meet in the center of the black channel and the aluminum frame hangs from the channel.
5. Repeat Step #1 of the drawing/(Step #5 above), inserting the second frame in the second channel, opposite the first.
6. If Aluminum frame is exposed at the corners, pull the vinyl up around the corner, so that the frame is seated comfortably inside the vinyl box around the entire perimeter of the frame, as shown in Step #2 of the drawing below.
7. To then get the frame to stand up in the box, insert opposite end of each frame into the black pocket on the floor of the TRUCK/HITCH Box, in the center, as shown in Step #3 of the drawing below.
8. Repeat Step #3 of the drawing/Step #7 above with the second Aluminum Frame.
9. The box should now be standing upright on its own.
10. Make certain again that no aluminum frame is exposed, as discussed in Step #6 above.
11. You are now ready to:
a) install the metal stays as discussed in the Instruction for the Basic TRUCK/HITCH Box Installation on the front of this sheet, or
b) Continue using your TRUCK/HITCH Box, if you have already completed the Basic TRUCK/HITCH Box Installation.
13. NOTE: The frames do not need to be taken out of the floor pockets when the TRUCK/HITCH Box is not in use. Simply fold the empty TRUCK/HITCH Box in half at the point where the two frames meet in the middle, and then fold the TRUCK/HITCH box away.
14. Load the TRUCK/HITCH BOX, then zip closed the inner zippered lid and pull the outer STORM shell over the top, fastening it securely with the three quick-release buckles.
(See Rear of Last Page for Larger Diagram)
TRUCK/HITCH BOX Care
· The TRUCK/HITCH BOX is made from heavy-duty coated vinyl which can easily be washed with soap and water. Customers who wish to maximize the life of the TRUCK/HITCHBOX may want to clean the TRUCK/HITCHBOX with an Armor-All™type vinyl conditioner from time to time.
· Make sure that all webbing is kept away from sharp objects which may cause fraying and performance defects.
· When not in use, fold the TRUCK/HITCHBOX away, with all webbing straps folded into the middle to protect both the buckles and the webbing.
· Never lift a loaded the TRUCK/HITCHBOX by the webbing. Excessive pressure on any sewn point may cause irreparable damage to the unit.
Do not attempt to lift a fully loaded TRUCK/HITCH BOX
Always secure the TRUCK/HITCH BOX as instructed before driving your vehicle.
Be extremely careful to make sure sharp or heavy objects are well padded within the TRUCK/HITCH BOX. If there is any question at all, error on the side of caution, as sharp objects can damage your TRUCK/HITCH BOX.
This product is guaranteed for material and workmanship for one year. This warranty is applicable only if all of the above instructions are followed and the product is used as recommended.
Normal wear and tear of the TRUCK/HITCHBOX or damage resulting from misuse, accidents or alterations are not covered by this Limited Warranty.
The purchaser and/or user of this TRUCK/HITCHBOX acknowledges that Seattle Sports has no control over the attachment of its products to vehicles, nor does Seattle Sports have control over items which are loaded into the TRUCK/HITCHBOX. Seattle Sports thus assumes no responsibility for any damage to any property arising out of the improper attachment, use or loading of this TRUCK/HITCHBOX or the failure of user to diligently check that TRUCK/HITCHBOX is properly fastened at all times.
This Limited Warranty is in lieu of all other warranties, expressed or implied, and does not cover consequential damages of any kind that may arise from use or misuse of any Seattle Sports product.
We wish to thank you for making the decision to purchase our high-quality TRUCK/HITCH BOX . We wish you many fun and exciting adventures with your TRUCK/HITCH BOX and other high-quality Seattle Sports products. Happy Trails!